Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- Plenary Session II - UG Diagnostic/Compliance Expectations
"Uniform Guidance at the Institutional Level A Diagnostic Analysis"
Presenter: Kris Rhodes, Director, Higher Education Practice, MAXIMUS
- Plenary Session III - Intellectual Property/Technology Transfer, IP Office Set-Up Patents, Commercialization, Marketing
Presentation 1 - "Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer, IP Office Set-Up Patents, Commercialization and Marketing"
Presenter: Jacob Choi., Assistant Regional Director, United States Patent and Trademark Office
Presentation 2 - "Leveraging Technology Transfer to Enhance University Research and Economic Development"
Presenter: Nicole Baute Honoree, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Economic Development & Strategic Initiatives RTTP, LSU Health New Orleans
- Plenary Session IV - External Business Models Resources – “Turbo Venture Centers“
"Small Business and Turbo Venture Centers: Utilizing Universities to Help Build Business"
Presenter: Michael Hawkins, Program Manager, Steel Point Solutions, LLC
- Plenary Session V - Developing Research Centers
Presentation 1 - "Development of Centers of Excellence"
Presenter: Shaik Jeelani,Ph.D., Vice President for Research Tuskegee University
Presentation 2 - "ARL Research Centers", "ARL Open Campus Strategic Plan"
Presenter: Dr. Val Emery, Jr., Ph.D., Program Manager, HBCU/MI Outreach US. Army Research Laboratory (RDRL-DP)
Thursday, June 8, 2017
- Plenary Session VII - Developing Successful Contract Proposals
"Developing Successful Contract Proposals"
Presenter: Dannie James, President JE Group, LLC
- Plenary Session IX - “The Development of a Foundation for Proficient Research and Development Government Contract Execution”
"Developing a Foundation for Proficient Research and Development Government Contract Execution"
Presenter: Latonia Jones, President and CEO of Phenomenal Media Productions, Contracts Administration and Management Expert, Alabama A&M Research, Innovation, Science and Engineering (AAMU-RISE) Foundation
- Plenary Session X - Managing Contracts and Financial Assistance Awards
Presentation 1 - "Managing Financial Assistance Awards"
Presenter: Rosetta Rodwell Bisiriyu, Team Leader, Office of Headquarters Procurement Services
Presentation 2 - "Managing Contracts with Department of Energy"
Presenter: Marie Sepe, PhD, Procuring Contracting Officer and Team Lead Division A-2, Office of Headquarters Procurement
Friday, June 9, 2017
- Plenary Session XI -Infrastructure Requirements IP & Legal Issues for Contracts
"Building Infrastructure For Government Contracts"
Presenters: John Pierre, Esq., Chancellor and Susan Nelson, Esq., Interim Director for External Affairs, Southern University Law Center
- Plenary Session XII - Contracting to Enhance Revenue Streams: “Taking the Pentagon to the People”
Presentation 1 - "Expanding your R&D Portfolio Beyond Grants"
Presenter: Daryush Ila, Ph.D., Associate Vice Chancellor for Research & Technology Transfer, Fayetteville State University
Presentation 2 - "Office of Diversity Management and Equal Opportunity (Contracting Basics)"
Presenter: Daniel R. Farmer, President – Technology Management Training Group, Inc.